Chinese Visas


From the 1st of January 2013, citizens of the following 45 countries holding a valid passport, a visa for their final destination and a transit flight ticket with a confirmed departure date and seat leaving within 72 hours or other relevant documents who are transiting through Beijing or Shanghai airports (Beijing Capital International airport, Shanghai Pudong airport and Hongqiao airport) and who are proceeding to the third country (region) may be exempt from a visa, provided that their stay within the Beijing or Shanghai administrative regions does not exceed 72 hours.

The countries that are eligible for the 72 hour transit visa exemption within the Beijing and Shanghai airports are as follows:





Czech Republic























United Kingdom













New Zealand


South Korea




United Arab Emirates







Ying Wah Travel can only apply Chinese Tourist and family visit visa (L-visa) on your behalf and we are able to offering the following services:



 Chinese L-Visa

Normal Service ( 10 Working days)


 UK Passport

 USA/Romanian/Serbian/Polish Passport

 All other Passport

 Single Entry




 Double Entries





* £7.00 return postage for up to 4 passports at same address should be added if you require us to post your passport back by special delivery.

If you want to apply Multiple entries Chinese Visa, please call 0333 666 8888 and ask for Visa Department for further documents required.


Please provide the following documents:      

(i) Original passport remaining to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of application with 2 or more blank visa pages.

(ii)  One completed Visa Application Form (Download form V.2011A) with a recently-taken passport photo; all the items on the application form should be completed neatly with genuine information; if the applicant has a Chinese name, the Chinese name should be filled in. False or incomplete information and illegible characters may lead to refusal of a visa.

(iii) Copy of passport information page of the applicant.

(iv) Applicant who has obtained Chinese visa before is required to provide photocopy of the latest visa; and applicant who applies for multiple-entry visa is required to provide photocopy of previously obtained multiple-entry visa if obtained before.

(v) Applicant applying for tourist and family visa (L-visa) also need to provide:
     1. Invitation letter from a Chinese organization or a permanent resident in China;

        A. Invitation issued by organization (including government at the county level and above, company and public institution) should contain information of the applicant (i.e. full name, gender, date of birth, purpose of visit, date of arriving and leaving China, place of visit, relations between the applicant and the inviter, financial support during stay in China) and information of the inviter (i.e. name of organization, contact number, address, stamp of the organization, signature of the organization’s representative).

        B. Invitation issued by personal inviter (including Chinese citizen, residence from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan holding legal residence in the mainland of China, and foreign citizen holding legal residence in the mainland of China) should contain: 

        a. information of the applicant (i.e. full name, gender, date of birth, purpose of visit, date of arriving and leaving China, place of visit, relations between the applicant and the inviter, financial support during stay in China) and information of the inviter (i.e. name, contact number, address, inviter’s signature and inviter’s ID number ).

         b. if the inviter is a Chinese resident, his/her ID copy is required to provide; if the inviter is non-Chinese who is living in China, photocopies of his/her passport information page and valid Chinese visa page/valid residence permit of living in China is required to provide. 

     2. Air ticket booking record (round trip) and hotel reservation;

(vi) Applicant under 18 years old and of Chinese origin, applying for a Chinese visa for the first time should provide the following documents:

     A. the child's full birth certificate which must show both parents' names (original and copy);

     B. passports of both parents (original and copy of information page);

     C. If one or both parents are Chinese passport holders, the permanent residence permit or valid UK visa (original and copy) of the Chinese passport holder is required;

     D. Old Chinese passport (if applied) or People's Republic of China Exit and Entry Permit (if applied).

For applicant born in the mainland of China who has applied for Chinese visa before, Chinese embassy in UK may request him/her to provide the above mentioned documents.

(vii) An applicant holding a passport other than UK passport should provide the original and a copy of his or her permanent residence or work permit which should be valid for at least half a year (except for those who are visa or permit exempt for residing or working in the UK).

(viii) Unless specifically requested by the applicant in his or her completed application form and approved by consular officers, a single-entry visa is valid for 3 months, and a double-entry visa valid for 6 months, both with a 30-day duration of stay. 
(ix) Consular officers decide on the visa's period of validity, duration of stay and number of entry in the light of China's laws and regulations. 
(x) Whether a visa is to be issued or not to be issued, and what type of visa to be issued shall be decided by Consular officers in the light of China's relevant laws and regulations. Ying Wah Travel will not be held responsibility if your application been refused. Please note the Application fee and service fee will not be refunded.


Please Note:

(i) Please apply for a visa about one month in advance of your intended date of entry into China, and do not apply 3 months earlier than your intended date of entry into China. You should take upon yourself any consequences resulting from your failure to submit visa application at an appropriate time, which may lead to either your already-issued visa becoming expired or it would be too late to get a visa before your planned departure date.

(ii) The visa application form should be fully filled in and signed by the applicant upon completion (application for an applicant under 18 years of age should be signed by one of his or her parents). Items which are not applicable should be filled in with N/A.

(iii) Consular officers may request an applicant to provide additional supporting documents. The applicant should provide this as soon as possible.

(iv) A special permit is required to enter Tibet which can only be obtained by pre-booking a fully-inclusive tour. Visitors to Tibet will still be required to obtain a Chinese visa.


If you are applying to work or study in China, or if someone else travelling with you shares the same passport, or if you are applying for a visa in a country or territory other than the country of your current nationality, you should fill out the Supplementary Visa Application Form(Form V.2011B) (Download form V.2011B).


All applicants applying for Chinese visas are required by the Chinese Embassy to sign a Customer Declaration and submit it with their application. The ‘Customer Declaration’ can be downloaded here. (Download Chinese Visa Declaration Form)

For more information about Chinese Visas, please refer to Chinese Embassy and Chinese Visa Application Service Centre, contact details as below.

Contact details of Chinese Embassy and Chinese Visa Application Service Centre


Chinese Embassy
49 – 51 Portland Place

Tel: 020 7299 4049


Chinese Visa Application Service Centre

Morley House
26 Holborn Viaduct
United Kingdom

Tel: 0207 842 0960

Home | Terms and Conditions | About us | Careers | Contact us | Payment
IATA   ATOL,Tel: +44 (0) 333 666 8888
Address: Unit2, Wing Yip Centre 278 Thimble Mill Lane, Birmingham, B7 5HD, United Kingdom
Travel Agent License: ATOL-10106 IATA-91282516
© 2011 Ying Wah Travel. All Rights Reserved.